Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
KIBBEH BIL SANIEH ( BAKED KIBBEH )
Baked Kibbeh is a Lebanese favorite all around. Finely ground lean beef (or lamb) combined with fine bulgur and spices is sandwiched in
between a layer of sautéed seven-spiced course ground beef with onions and pine nuts and baked to a beautiful golden brown.
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 50 minutes
Servings: 6 persons
1 cup Fine Bulgur
1 lb. Ground Beef Extra Lean beef, ground 3x
1 cup Kamoune *See Ingredients Below
1½ cups Hot Water
2 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Kibbeh Spice Mix
1 tb. Pine Nuts for décor
3 tb. Olive Oil
1 lb. Ground Beef
1 lg. Onion Chopped
3 tb. Canola Oil or Avocado
¼ cup Pine Nuts
1 tb. Seven Spices
1 tsp. Salt
½ tsp. Black Pepper
1 cup Fine Bulgur
¼ cup Red Bell Pepper
½ cup Mint Leaves
½ tsp. Dried Marjoram
1 tb. Kibbeh Spice Mix
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Fresh Habanero or Chili Pepper
1. In a large bowl, measure 1 cup of fine bulgur then pour 1½ cups of hot water
into the bowl.
2. Grind your kibbeh spices if they are not already ground. Prepare your
Kamouneh by adding 1 cup of fine bulgur, ½ onion, fresh mint leaves, piece
of red bell pepper, kibbeh spices, dried marjoram (mardakoosh), salt to a large
food processor. Process until the onion and red pepper are fully
chopped and everything is combined. Set aside.
3. Finely chop a large onion. In a large skillet heat up 1 tablespoon of oil. Add
the pine nuts and sauté for a few min until golden brown and set aside.
Add the ground beef to the skillet and cook over medium heat for about 5
minutes until the meat is all browned. Add the chopped onion, remaining oil
Season with the seven spices and black pepper and add the pine nuts. Cook
until onion is translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Set aside to cool.
4. Using your hands, knead the soaked bulgur for a few minutes, until all mashed
Add the extra lean ground beef, Kamouneh, salt and kibbeh spice and mix with
your hands until fully combined. Take about half the kibbeh dough and add it
to the food processor. Pulse for about 20 seconds or so until the mix has been
fully incorporated. Do the same with the other half and add the kibbeh dough
back to the bowl.
5. Preheat oven to 375°F degrees and grease a 12-inch round baking dish (or
14 inch) with one tablespoon of olive oil and set aside.
6. Using your hands, spread half of the Kibbeh mixture evenly on the bottom of
the greased baking dish. Spoon all the beef and onion filling on top of the
7. Using the remaining Kibbeh mixture, grab handfuls at a time and press down
with your hand to make flat patties.
Place the patties over the middle layer and repeat until no more middle layer
shows and no kibbeh remains. Use water as needed to combine the patties
and create a smooth top layer.
8. Using a large Knife, slice Kibbeh diagonally to form diamond-shaped slices.
Top with pine nuts over each slice.
Drizzle with olive oil (two tablespoons) to coat the top layer. Bake until meat
is fully cooked and browned on top, about 50-55 minutes